As much as we know how important the week off is to Steelers’ players, for the fans it can really suck. Now, for me personally, I’m actually enjoying the bye week as much as the players. With no game Sunday my stress level will be much lower and the risk of me doing or saying something stupid is not an issue. I hope…
In case you are foaming at the mouth this week and need a distraction with no Steelers this Sunday, let me offer you some options that may keep you sane and level-headed.
- Go for a Long Walk. In many parts of the country this is often the best time to get outside. The colors may have come and gone for some of you but nothing beats the crisp fall air. I highly recommend using a nice, sturdy walking stick as well. It’s not only good for balance but it sends a real strong message to other walkers that says, “Don’t F_ _ _ with me.”
- Binge Watch That Show You’ve Been Recording. There’s a very strong chance that you’ve been recording some shows this fall and because of your devotion to all things “Steelers,” you just haven’t had a chance to watch your shows. Normally this is the weekend where I catch up with “The Walking Dead” but I’ve already gotten myself up to date on that (Where’s Glenn???). Therefore, I’ll probably catch up on Season three of “House of Cards.” Kevin Spacey is so darn good in this role.
- Get Your Christmas Lights Up. As I’ve stated, many parts of the country have seen pretty good weather this fall. If that’s still the case, get those Christmas lights out of the attic and get’em up. You don’t have to turn them on until after Thanksgiving but at least you can get them up while it isn’t so cold that your fingers freeze.
- Go Visit With Your Neighbors. We have a tight-knit group in my neighborhood but it seems like as soon as summer is over, we all barricade ourselves indoors. Take the three hours you’ve been given to go get re-acquainted with your neighbors. There’s a real good chance an alcoholic beverage will be part of the event.
- Take a Nice, Long Nap. Since the Steelers had a string of 1pm games recently, you probably haven’t had a chance to get those Sunday naps in so here’s you’re chance. In fact, if you are having trouble falling asleep then I suggest you turn on the Ravens-Rams match-up and you’ll be in la la land in no time!
Whatever you do on this “Steelers BYE Weekend” enjoy it! The next six weeks are going to be crazy!