The Pittsburgh Steelers lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars, 30-9. Yeah, you already knew that. Let’s get into some statistics and facts from the game that may not have been very apparent.
– Blake Bortles only threw one pass in the 2nd half vs Pittsburgh.
– The Jaguars ran 21 plays in the 2nd half: 19 runs, 1 incompletion & 1 sack.
-Blake Bortles threw only 14 passes, completing 8 of them. Of those 8, 6 were caught by a wide receiver.
-Antonio Brown was targeted 19 times.
– JuJu Smith-Schuster had more solo tackles (2) than Cameron Heyward, JJ Wilcox, Mike Hilton, William Gay and Bud Dupree (1).
– Want to know how inconsistent Jordan Berry is? 3 Punts: 1st: 54 yards, 2nd (on our own 19): 29 yards, 51 yards.
– Against the worst run defense in the NFL, Le’Veon Bell rushed the ball 15 times.
– Against the best pass defense in the NFL, Ben Roethlisberger threw the ball 55 times.
– Out of 36 total rushing attempts by Jaguars running backs, the Steelers only had 2 TFL.
– The Steelers were 0/3 for scoring a touchdown in the red-zone.
– The Steelers ran 9 plays in the red-zone.
– Mike Mitchell really did celebrate after tackling Leonard Fournette, who just ran 12 yards for a first down.
– Javon Hargrave had 10 tackles. TEN.
– David DeCastro gave up 5 pressures.
– Steelers possessed the ball for 31:08 and Jaguars for 28:52.